Bayside Community Association
You may be wondering who we are and what we stand for. Here is a little bit about us and how we came together.
How it started…
Earlier this year, a group of residents came together to talk about living in Bayside. From that simple conversation, two things were very clear.
First, Bayside has some incredible assets: beautiful open spaces; proximity to the sea; convenient transport links; a strong sense of community.
And second, there is untapped potential in Bayside – that we could take steps to revitalize some of the underused green spaces and find imaginative ways to improve the quality of life of all residents.
This year is the fiftieth anniversary of the foundation of the estate and we believe it is an incredible opportunity to begin some of that work.
What we hope to create…
We would like to bring people together as a community of active, caring, committed, inquisitive, and inclusive people who appreciate living in an attractive and convenient location, and who want to develop our area as one that promotes the health, wellbeing and creativity of the entire community.
For example we want to:
- Ensure participation and meaningful engagement of every community member, regardless of age or ability
- Care for and enhance the green spaces and infrastructure in the community
- Provide a forum to network, share information, ideas, and expertise in a supportive and resourceful environment.
- Support existing community initiatives and identify new ones that help promote physical activity, the arts, and the environment.
- To give our community a voice with local government, statutory bodies, and other agencies in seeking technical, financial, or other assistance in developing the area.
- To support Fingal County Coucil in the exercise of its functions in the local area.
What we have done…
We have been busy! Here are some of the things we have done to get this project off the ground.
- Community Forum: We held a town-hall meeting to hear the views of Bayside residents. At the meeting people discussed all the things they love about Bayside as well as areas that offer the potential for improvement.
- Engaging Local Government: The group sought the assistance of the Community Development Section of Fingal County Council in the establishment of a Community Association and understands that Fingal is willing to provide support and advice.
- Planning the 50th Celebration: To kickstart this process, we are organizing a huge celebration of Bayside’s 50th Birthday – a family fun day that we hope will be emblematic of the kind of community Bayside has to offer.
- Building an Online Presence: We have created a website and facebook page to act as the online community and forum for the Bayside Community Association, to keep people engaged and informed on upcoming events and to make it as easy as possible for community members to get on board!
Where we go from here…
As a newly formed group, one thing is for certain…we need your help!
If anything above strikes a chord – please join us! Get in touch and help us make the most of what we have around us.